The goal is to have every family member in the ward participate in age appropriate family history and temple work.
To achieve this goal, we invite all ward members to:
- Download and use the Family Search application.
- Record a Family History Story from a loved one.
- Take a name to the temple and complete all applicable ordinances.
- Invite others to attend the temple when you go.
- Regularly participate in indexing.
- Sign up for and attend the ward sealing assignment on either the 2nd, 4th or 5th Thursday’s at 8 p.m.Specific Committee activities to support the goal:
- Provide one-on-one support of ward family research needs as requested. (Sis. Banks and Baxter)
- Schedule 4 youth baptism/confirmation sessions. (YW/YW)
- Send reminders for our 8:00pm Thursday evening sealing assignment on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Thursday’s. (Parry Jarmin)
- Schedule at least 2 Family History training events. The first is June 23rd at a joint RS/Priesthood meeting. (Kevin Hunt and the Committee)
- Hold at least 4 Temple and Family History Coordination meetings. (Kevin Hunt and the Committee)
- Provide Temple preparation meetings for first time participants. (Scheduled through the Bishopric)